Smiley Audio Media and KBLA TALK are seeking smart, creative solution providers to grow with our team.
KBLA TALK 1580/ Smiley Audio Media Brand Manager is a radio executive responsible for developing, closing, and maintaining advertising accounts for the radio station. Other duties include preparing and doing follow-up on media schedules, production, proposals and completing all CRM and management required reports for the company.
KBLA 1580 Talk Radio is looking for a savvy, highly motivated sales professional to join our team selling traditional, digital, and event marketing solutions in Los Angeles for the only Black talk radio station west of the Mississippi.
Our ideal candidate is a goal oriented, relentless hunter who drives to win new business and has a track record of exceeding monthly goals. If you are passionate about selling, have a deep knowledge of marketing principles and products, and possess excellent presentation and closing skills, then we’d love to talk to you!
Our Ideal Candidate:
*Has an understanding of marketing/sales and how to help customers grow their business
*Is self-motivated and results-oriented
*Has an outgoing, resilient personality
*Enjoys the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business
Brand Manager Expectations:
- Call on direct, local and regional clients and advertising agencies. Generate new business sponsorship opportunities.
- Establish relationships and grow a client base.
- Deliver new opportunities and develop winning proposals to meet each client/agency’s needs and initiatives.
- Develop revenue and meet/exceed established sales targets.
- Design effective marketing campaigns in line with KBLA resources.
- Deliver compelling sales presentations with certainty.
- Manage productive client communication.
- Monitor competition to continually prospect new account leads.
- Negotiate rates and ensure prompt payments.
- Follow all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts, and competitive analysis.
- Local marketing/digital marketing or sales experience is a plus
- A demonstrated record of success in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to develop a strategic sales plan
- Proficient in prospecting high potential accounts and setting up appointments with key decision- makers with the ability to secure appointments weekly with qualified prospects
- Demonstrate effective listening skills and deliver compelling advertising presentations
- Ability to present a marketing/sales plan that addresses client objectives and reaches the target audience
- Effectively able to overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended solutions
- Strong skills in planning, communicating, organizing, and developing customer relationships coupled with problem solving skills
- 2 years of past sales experience is preferred but not required
- High School Diploma required; College Degree preferred
*We offer a competitive pay structure based on experience.